Beyond Design: The Game of Social Solutions
The Game of Social Solutions
Concept & Design:
Studio Renate Boere
Year of Publishing:
• 10 worksheets
• 10-step process cards
• 120 content cards
(30 topic cards, 30 target audience
cards, 30 visual association cards,
30 partnership cards)
• game rules
Op voorraad (kan nabesteld worden)
The Beyond Design serie
While writing the book Beyond Design, Renate Boere discovered 10 steps that can be taken in order to set up one’s own project. These steps allow designers to render complicated information transparent and understandable for a wider audience. Boere wanted to make this easily accessible and transformed these 10 steps into a game.
With this game, you’ll gain insights into how you create, present, and evaluate social design solutions in a fast and fun way. Beyond Design, The Game of Social Solutions guides you to set up your own socially relevant design project. This game navigates you through the 10 steps of setting up a project based on your idea: from the start of an idea to the realization of a solid project plan within an hour. Or if you do not have an idea yet, the game can also be used as a valuable brainstorm tool.
- PERFECT TOOL FOR GENERATING IDEAS, BRAINSTORMING & TEAM-BUILDING – Beyond Design The Game will help amp up your associative thinking skills and help you quickly generate ideas whilst working collaboratively.
- DEVELOP SYSTEM THINKING AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Get better at streamlining your thinking and communicating your ideas effectively.
- UNCOVER EXISTING INSPIRATION AND CREATE NEW OPPORTUNITIES – Spark new inspiration with existing ideas and explore new possibilities of bringing it to life.
- GET BETTER AT CREATIVE PROBLEM-SOLVING: Learn to generate innovative solutions to complex social issues quickly.
- IMPROVE CONFIDENCE IN PITCHING YOUR IDEAS – Practice makes perfect. The game provides a supportive framework for anyone to practice and get better at enrolling people in their ideas.
- IDEAL FOR CLASSROOMS, WORKSHOPS, AND GROUPS – Whether you’re using the game as an experiential teaching tool for students, facilitating a workshop for your team, or hosting an activity for you and your friends. The Beyond Design game is a perfect group activity for adolescents, adults, and kids age 12+.